G200W engine conversion

Use this forum for general chat relating to G-Series twin cam engines...

Moderators: elky, rodeobob, Spaminator

rotary_boy13btt
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

G200W engine conversion

Post by rotary_boy13btt »

hello i was wondering if anyone knows what needs to be done in order to put a G200W into my TE gemini i heard i need a torana radiator or swap the ends of mine around and that i need a bellhousing to suit it .is this all and how hard is it to wire the car up and how much would i expect to pay to get this wired up and running if i put the engine in my self and connected everything but ecu .Also does anyone know were i can get one from or if they are sold new anywere i ahve about 1300 bucks including wiring to spend is this enough or not thanks guys

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Mods needed to bolt in

Dependant on version of engine. For G200w ex-JR130 Piazza [front mounted oil filter] - bolt in

For G200w ex-117 Coupe [mid mounted oil filter] - diesel Gemini crossmember then bolt in.

gearbox

C series ISUZU Diesel bellhousing or G series DOHC bellhousing

ANY G series or 4Z series RWD gearbox. Remove front housing/bellhousing and replace with C-diesel or G-Dohc front half.

1300 bucks will get you a running engine in good condition. Add money on top for wiring, ecu, fuel system modifications etc.

Nick-
Project One - 1976 TX Gemini Coupe G200z Turbo
Daily - S15 200SX, 13.29 @ 107mph

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

If you get one with a working ECU (stock or aftermarket) it should save you a lot of money.
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

rotary_boy13btt
Probationary Member
Probationary Member

Post by rotary_boy13btt »

thanks guys but was wondering if you would have a approximate price on wiring of ecu ifd that is all that needs to be dun after engine and gearbox are in and mounted or do i need other fuel lines ect

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

rotary_boy13btt wrote:thanks guys but was wondering if you would have a approximate price on wiring of ecu ifd that is all that needs to be dun after engine and gearbox are in and mounted or do i need other fuel lines ect
best way to get a price is to ring a couple fo shops that do that kind of work

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

And yeah you'll need EFI fuel lines (braided) and if you want to do it half properly a new fuel pump and surge tank.
Twincam needs: surge tank, EFI lines, TPS, recored radiator, hoses, assemble the ECU (50% done).

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

archangel62 wrote:And yeah you'll need EFI fuel lines (braided) and if you want to do it half properly a new fuel pump and surge tank.
You mean sleeve braided outside the hose? You wont need those.

High pressure EFI silicon hose.

Nick-

Bradlze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bradlze »

braided lol sorry archangel but thats just funny
you only need rubber EFI lines the current lines are not spose to be for EFO only carby and if your looking to be one the safe side or high hp i would suggest larger fuel piping (under the car)

GeminiCoupe
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

you only need rubber EFI lines the current lines are not spose to be for EFO only carby and if your looking to be one the safe side or high hp i would suggest larger fuel piping (under the car)
Never heard of a Gemini needing the standard steel fuel lines being upgraded. These are fine in 9second cars so i dont see how a standard DOHC would need more :wink:

archangel62
Long Term Member
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Fuel lines are steel standard? Does this mean you don't need EFI lines?

I was told EFI lines are braided - but there you go, learn something new everyday, makes a big difference when you hear it from a car nut and not a business trying to make money.

Poida
Administrator
Administrator
I live in: Vic

Post by Poida »

The steel supply lines will be suitable for EFI applications but all rubber joiner sections should be replaced. You will also need to replace the original clip type clamps used to retain the flexible hose. You can find special EFI rated fuel clamps in spare parts shops.

I recommend changing all the flexible sections with the same type of hose to avoid making mistakes. It's ok to use EFI rated hose in low pressure sections but not ok to use non EFI hose in high pressure sections.

Low pressure fuel hose will have the marking SAE30R7 (50psi rated/250psi burst pressure) clearly marked on it. It is suitable for applications where you are using a carburettor or low pressure return/vent lines.

High pressure EFI fuel hose will be marked SAE30R9 (225psi rated/900psi burst pressure) and MUST be used in all high pressure sections of an EFI application. As I suggested, use it in the low pressure return/vent sections as well to reduce any chance of accidemtly fitting low pressure hose.